Thursday, January 1, 2015

A renewed beginning

    
Hello everyone. It's a new year and I would like to reintroduce myself.

This is me.


I often go by the internet handle of Boss, I'm in mid 20s and I'm still finding out who I am. It's the new year, and even though this blog isn't even a full year old yet, I feel like it needs a fresh start.

I started this blog for a lot of reasons. Because I love Lolita fashion and adore reading blogs by other Lolitas. To reach out and connect with others who shared my interests. To stretch my writing skills and give myself a challenge. None of these things have changed. But over the past few months, I've realized that it's grown into more than that.

I've followed the blog, A Slob Comes Clean for awhile now, and recently the author published a free e-book titled Giving God the Worst of Me, a personal biography about her unexpected journey which led her to online blogging. While I read, I couldn't help but compare myself to her words, my own struggles, desires and goals to her unique journey. It was absolutely eye opening.

And then it hit me.

I realized I want this blog to be more. More than a simple writing challenge. More than what it has become since I began writing back in March.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want or expect fame. But I do want to connect to people on a deeper level. To share more than the pretty, put-together, easy sides of me. I find that my favorite blogs are those belonging to people who I relate to, who are also struggling and learning through a particular new phase in their life, whether that be house cleaning, getting married or even starting a family. On some level, even if I'm not yet in their stage of life, I understand these people. I know what they're going through, and I love to read about how they overcome their problems while piecing together how I can apply these lessons to my own life. These aren't documentaries or written my doctors or magazine articles. They're just blogs written by real people, figuring out their real lives.

These are people just like me, and I want to blog just like them.

There will always be a heavy dosage of Lolita in this blog, because Lolita is such an integral part of who I am. But it's not all of who I am, and that is exactly what I hope to find. More and more I've been exploring the best way to express myself through fashion and I've already been through some bumps in the road while likewise making some interesting discoveries. Fashion is a fluid thing, and it's a personal choice we all make every single day in expressing who we are.

2015 is going to be a huge year for me. I'll be planning a wedding. I'll  be on the hunt to move out into my own home with my fiance. I'll be moving departments at work while my company switches locations to a facility three times as big in the next town over. It's a lot to take in, and ultimately, as excited as I am, I don't want to lose myself in it.

Fashion gives me a great joy. It keeps me grounded and the opportunity to truly understand who I am. So while I'm always going to dabble and adore niche fashions like Lolita, I can't box myself into it. It's an important part of who I am and I have no intention of leaving it behind, but it's not all of me, and I'm finally learning to accept that.

I hope to use this blog to reach out and maybe even inspire others in my same boat. Fashion is so flexible, and there's a myriad of options. My body isn't perfect and I'm not fabulously wealthy. I have to work within these confines as a real person, learning real things. If what I'm learning can connect with others also searching to find their passion through fashion and understanding their own unique style, then that will be amazing. But even if not, simply having this blog here to help get me through my own  journey will be enough.

Happy 2015 everybody, let's be off to a fantastic new year!

0 ink spatters:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...