Monday, February 23, 2015

Bringing home Kassia...

So I know in times of grieving that "retail therapy" is never usually the best solution. But I don't care. Right now I need something new to focus on. Something with instant gratification that I ccan hold and touch and play with. And it just so happened, being tax season in the United States, I actually had the excess funds to do so.

I decided to purchase a new BJD. It's been a very long time since I've added to my collection and although I constantly wish about getting back into the hobby, I never really do. Well, I've wanted a girl doll for years, and as I've mentioned before in previous posts, there has been only one girl who has ever really caught my attention and stuck with me: DIMDoll Kassia.

Ironically, I only purchased her body so far. I knew I didn't want the default DIM body, instead hoping for something a little more delicate and pear shaped. After too many hours of research that doubled as a wonderful distraction, I finally found the Asleep Eidolon 1/3 body. It's absolutely perfect. And by a stroke of luck, I found an amazing seller in the United States who was willing to split their Asleep Eidolon Solstice they had for sale so I could only purchase the body. She arrived super quick, and here she is.



Been such a long time since I've had the excitement of opening one of these...



And the first peek, a little bubble-wrap mummy.



Here she is. Gosh, I feel like it's been so long since I've even handled my own dolls. Just unwrapping her and inspecting her over was such a delight.



Standing all on her own. She's so beautiful and absolutely perfect. As my only girl BJD, it was very important to me to find her a body that I absolutely adored and I didn't want to compromise on that. I specifically knew I wanted a girl with smaller breasts and wider hips, and it was vital she not be overly thin with visible ribs or hip bones. This body is just gorgeous, slender but still with an obvious softness about her.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with her and so happy to finally have my one girl BJD home. Her head is already on its way home to me as well, so luck willing she'll be whole in no time.


0 ink spatters:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...