Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Doll Wishlist Meme

As I last left off introducing my sweet BJD Isaiah to the blog, I thought it appropriate to continue the trend a little longer. I had originally intended to briefly introduce the rest of my collection first, but instead I came across this Doll Wishlist meme over on My Doll Adventures, and I thought it looked like fun. So onward with the meme and my crew can be brought in next time.

1. How many dolls are on your wish list currently? 
I currently have three dolls on my wishlist.

1. DIMDoll Marcellina 
2.DIMDoll sleepy eyes Bellosse 
3.DIMDoll Kassia 

Technically my wishlist may constitute as four as I do have one floating head, a DIM Robel (no longer sold on the DIM website), who I do intend to purchase a body for. However, as I'm still undecided on the body and it's not a full doll, I count the wishlist as three.

2. How many Larger (65cm+) dolls are on your list?  
None. The tallest dolls in my collection are about 62 cm and this already feels like an unwieldy height for me.  Although there are some beautiful dolls out there in this size, I already know they're simply too big for me so I know to avoid them from the start.

DIMDoll Marcellina
 3. What about 1/3 sized dolls? 
All of them.Dolls ranging from 55-60cm are my favorite height for dolls, especially those closer to the 55 range. I don't intend to buy full dolls from DIM as I like hybrids (almost all of the dolls in my collection are hybrids of some sort), so I am leaning toward finding shorter bodies for the heads on my wishlist if possible.   

 4. And 1/4? 
Also none. While I prefer this height to larger dolls, I don't really want to accumulate any more. While they're not super tiny, they tend to feel just a bit too delicate for me to handle comfortable, and just a couple inches too small for me all around. I think if they were closer to 50cm rather than the usual 42cm, I might be more keen on them.

 5. 1/6 and smaller?
So there are no smaller dolls on the wishlist either, but I admit not to being completely opposed to them. While I have no plans at this moment to acquire, I can't deny that they don't intrigue me, particularly the pet BJDs. While I don't see myself actually purchasing a human doll in this size as I have no character for one, a pet or animal is a different story as I feel it can be easily separated from the rest of my dolls while still giving me the freedom to dress it up and freely explore the options this size has to offer.

 6. What is your grail doll?
I don't have one and I actually never have. I don't really see the point in coveting a doll that is so expensive or so rare that I have an extremely slim chance of ever really acquiring it. All the dolls that I fall in love with enough to want for myself must fit within a certain set of perimeters, otherwise it's just a very pretty, expensive paperweight that I have no emotional connection to which is an important aspect for me when it comes to dolls. I don't have time to waste energy on pining over something solely because it is beautiful.

7. What is the most expensive doll on your wishlist?
This one's tricky. Because I do plan to hybrid I am admittedly looking at cheaper bodies for the heads as I'm no longer in a place to spend an excessive amount on what will constantly remained covered up with clothes anyway. For the boys (Marcellina and Bellosse), I don't know which head will recieve which body at the moment, so it's up in the air who will wind up as more expensive. For the Kassia head, as she will be the only girl in my collection, I see myself giving in and splurging a tiny bit more on a nicer body for her, so of the three she will likely wind up the most expensive.

 8. What about the most inexpensive doll?
Same as the previous answer, it's a toss up on the twin boys as to who will wind up with the cheaper body in the end.

DIMDoll Kassia
9. Which doll do you most look forward to getting in the future?
Oh gosh, this is so difficult to say because I really do love all three of my future planned dolls. I suppose if I absolutely had to choose, it would be Kassia, as she will be the only one of the three who will actually remain a female while the other two will be turned into males. She will be my first and only girl doll, and for years she continues to remain the only  girl I have remained interested in. She's perfect.

 10. Lastly, can you list all the dolls on your wish list?
 Certainly! I just did for the first question and three isn't a lot to remember ;)

 Tag some people to keep it moving!
Sadly I don't know anyone in the BJD blogging universe to tag! But if you're interested in writing out your own answers, please feel free and let me know, I'd love to read!

0 ink spatters:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...