Friday, January 2, 2015

My first OOTD!

Happy first official post of 2015 everybody! I'm unsure why, but I'm feeling all sorts of nervous and giddy about this post. I know I've posted outfit shots before, but perhaps I'm so jittery because this isn't a strictly Lolita outfit, even if it is Lolita inspired.

My fiance and I really wanted to dress up and go out for the first day of the year, and I found this gorgeous skirt on sale New Year's eve. It was so exciting to find as there were only two left and one was in my size! It's a lovely knee length with a gorgeous print of Paris on the hem! It instantly reminded me of a beautiful Lolita print and I love the idea of using it to ease my way into possibly wearing more true Lolita prints in the office. Here is how I ended up coordinating it.


Outfit Rundown
Coat: Target
Skirt and blouse: Kohl's
Shoes: Modcloth
Hairbow: Daiso Japan

And a quick shot without the coat. Unfortunately this picture doesn't capture all the detail, but the blouse actually has an adorable bow near the neckline that is so sweet and feminine.


I realize now I probably should have taken a better close up photo of the print as I didn't how difficult it was to see in these photos. I'll be sure to try to stay more mindful of such details in the future. I also tried something a little different with my hair as well (you can even see the bow) and I'm pretty happy with it. It's nothing fancy but I feel like it adds a little more cuteness to the overall look and keeps my hair from completely falling in my face. I'll take more photos next time!

I'm honestly really excited about how this outfit turned out. It's soft and girly, but still gives me a nice feel of Lolita with the printed skirt, delicate hair bow and soft pastels. 2015 is off to a great start!


0 ink spatters:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...